Friday, July 11, 2008

Road Trip: Day 3

Lafayette, CO to Goodland, KS

Woke up to a beautiful Colorado sunrise. Then rolled over and slept more.

Dana and I took Mali for a walk in the morning close to the house, then came back for some morning yoga (she just completed a yoga teacher training in Santa Barbara). We then headed over to a local coffee shop for a bev and wifi (as usual- but mostly to plan our next moves route-wise). We met Ari for lunch at a pizzeria and discussed post grad impressions of our alma matter, Wesleyan University. I also learned that the cat's name was also Mali, but since that was the dog's name, they changed it to Malinche. I'm sticking with Lady Meows-a-lot.

Dana, me, and Ari

Outside of Ari and Ivonne's house

Inside

Then off to University of Colorado, Denver (or whatever its called- I'm just the permanent passenger guys). Dana had a meeting about potentially going there for grad school for physical therapy. I sat under a tree and drew.

Before heading out of Colorado we stopped at a Target. Not sure why, but I really like going to other chain stores in different places. Like they're gonna have different stuff (which is kind of true). I bought practical things- like slip-on heels, a sun dress, a cheap bathing suit top, and kung-fu panda folders.

The road to Kansas is endless. And flat.

Drove a couple of hours until we got to a boarder city in Kansas that had a Camp site area. We set up camp (literally!) and stayed up talking and drawing for a bit. Told Dana a bit of the story my dad used to tell me when I was little called The Golden Pears, (though I didn't get very far- that sleepy bean). I eventually dozed off.

No comments: