Thursday, July 10, 2008

Road Trip: Day 2

Salt Lake City, UT to Lafayette (Boulder County), CO by way of WY

Dana and I took it easy today since we didn’t have to go as far today as we did yesterday (7.5 hrs vs 9 hrs). We did a bit of a caravan (of fun!) to Brooke’s work, Brooke and Daniel in one car, me, Dana, and all of our stuff in the other. She showed us around her work and then over to a café with good juice, pastries, and wi-fi, where we said our goodbyes.
Dana, Brooke, and Daniel

Brooke also suggested that we check out the Salt Lake City Public library. I know I work at a library, so of course I'm excited about it but who couldn’t help to be flipped out about a place like this?!?!



One of the librarians gave me some info on the architect, Moshe Safdie.
www.msafdie.com
Go to Projects, then By Location, then haga clique (click on) the part of the US that is Salt Lake City, UT. The pictures on there are waaaaay cooler than the ones I took. But in general it's pretty awesome.

We started our drive out of Utah (woo-tah) stuck in Salt Lake City traffic. What a lovely parting gift. Though once we were out of the city it was actually a real treat- green, and hills, and beautiful sky. A much nicer drive. We got into Wyoming soon enough with plenty of that (thanks y'all).


Some random fast (actually) food stops along the way, which means looking for something more nutritious later. We did the drive-up thing at Sonic, which thinking back is kinda silly, cuz on a road trip where you are cramped in the car, why would you not want to get out of the car? Hrmmm.... But I did get a corn dog and a cherry limeade for $2.

We crossed into Colorado in the early evening just in time to catch a beautiful sunset. In about 30-40 different snapshots. You know, just in case.


We got to the house of Ari, my godbrother, and Ivonne, his wife sometime after 9, which worked out nicely since everyone had been busy all day and everyone was now thus tired. We got a wonderful welcome from them and their dog Mali and cat who's name I dont know, but for now I will call her Lady Meows-a-lot. Guess why.

No comments: