Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lil Wayne concert

say cheee-eeese

Went to go see Lil Wayne at the House of Blues on Sunset on Monday night.
I rode my bike from Santa Monica over there- pretty decent ride I must say. Took me about 45 minutes and its about an 8 or so mile trip.

There was a little too much waiting for me at the concert. I was fine with waiting in line to get in (had to cool off from the bike ride anyway). An hour to get in. An hour for the openers to start (TYGA and then some other dudes). Then just tooooo long for Wayne to get on stage.
You'd think if all those folks were there to see him that they'd get to it a lil bit faster.

The people in the crowds were characters though (Im sure myself included). The friend I was supposed to meet up with didn't feel well and decided to come through later. We couldn't meet up cuz I had no service in that place. So here I am, rolling through to the Lil Wayne concert, party of one. Good thing I don't feel too awkward about these things.
There was this one Sean Paul from the Youngbloodz looking motivator who seemed pretty blasted who was standing near me and- I don't know how he met up with this one shorty but they were grinding the beat of their own sex drives for sure. It was way too crowded in that piece. I'm all about getting your groove on, but it would have helped if they had some rhythm so I could at least avoid getting bumped into and having drink spilled on me periodically. Equally hillarious was the shorty he was dancing with who was all T&A who kept bending over to grind on him and had her face and self all up on people in front of her. Dude in front of her was getting kind of annoyed and was saying stuff like "I'm gonna fart on you". Ha.
There was some other chick who was flipping out when Lil Wayne came on. Like some old school rockers making chicks faint kind of mess. I think I went deaf in one ear from her screeching. She also kept yelling at him to take his clothes off. Which he did. Cuz it was just too hot in there.

Once Lil Wayne came, the whole crowd surged forward, me along with it. I was pinned for a good 20 minutes of the concert.
He was good though. I wished he had done more from the Carter III, cuz I'm loving it.
I kind of forgot about rap concerts- you know, how there are a million people on stage not doing anything, a few dudes just repeating what the headliner says, and the headliner.
Cameos by Chris Brown and Birdman.
Lil Mama chillin in the back.
And gallons of sweat as a recollection of the night.
A bike ride home was pretty welcome after that.

No comments: